Treat String Tight Type Muscle and Tendon by Acupuncture
Treat String Tight Type Muscle and Tendon by Acupuncture String Tight Type Muscle and Tendon is a common type of health issue that limited people’s mobility to lead many accidents, cause pain, pinched nerves, and possible a torn muscle or tendon. It is hard to be well treated by some acupuncturists. It’s due to it is not taught in schools.
Why There is the String Tight Type Muscle and/or Tendon?
When our muscles and tendons are in the rest situation, the muscle and tendon fibers are loosened. There is more space for qi with life needed or need to be carried away body waste to pass through.
When we use the muscle or tendon to do activities, some muscle or tendon will be tight up and the space between the fibers reduced. In this situation, some parts of the Qi that supply the life needed kinds of stuff such as nutrients can pass through first. The unneeded kinds of stuff such as the wastes from cells’ metabolism will not allow passing. They will attach to the muscle or tendon fibers.
Due to those wastes occupy space and have weight. Prolonged, when doing activities, the space between fibers getting smaller and smaller. the accumulated wastes cause the muscle and/or tendon fibers harden and become a sting tight type muscle or tendon.
Until one day, the life supported kinds of stuff cannot pass through, our body will give us discomfort or pain warning sign.
If the warning sing does not get cared for or for someone who has a high pain tolerance, the warning sing comes too late, it can cause health issues: pain, soreness, mobility problem,
pinched nerves, and possible a torn muscle or tendon or a displaced joint, etc.
How to Treat the String Tight Type Muscle and/or Tendon by Acupuncture?
If you are a right-handed person, you can use your left finger as a guide finger to put on one side of the string tight muscle or tendon. Then, use the other hand to insert the needle into the center of the string tight tendon or muscle along the string. By doing so, the needle is parallel to the tendon or muscle fibers, that attract the attached to the fiber’s body wastes to fall down and follow the needle and meridians to flow away to be expelled out our body. Use longer needle cover the length of the harden portion length with 200~500 Hz to e-stim.
If it’s too thick, it can add one or two more needles to help to expel the toxins in the string.
Then, put the needle(s) at nearby acupuncture points to promote qi flowing through the string tight muscle or tendon. Please google the mentioned acupuncture points to find their locations and functions. Please needle on both sides of each acupuncture point.
If It’s a String Tight Muscle
The spleen manifests on the muscle. Muscle’s health relies on the spleen. So, if you want to treat the string tight muscle thoroughly and let the result last longer, it should treat the spleen. Though treat spleen might take a longer time than treat the string tight muscle.
If it’s a string tight muscle, insert needle to SP 9 with 3″ needle and 200~500 Hz e-stim, SP 8 with 3″ needle and SP 6 to expel water out of the body and strengthen the spleen by insert needle to SP 3 and/or LR 13* if the patient is facing up or needle BL 20 if the patient is facing down.
*Due to air and food pollution, people have more floating ribs. So, insert more needles for LR 13 as needed.
If kidney deficiency caused spleen deficiency, needle BL 23 and/or KD 7.
If it’s liver toxins or emotions of madness or overworked, treat the liver at LR 13 and LR 3 or LB 18 and LR 3.
If there are any other issues, add needed needles. Such as the patient is taking drugs for a long time, add two worse points of the three SahngSanHuang points.
If it’s a String Tight Tendon
The liver manifests on the tendons. Tendon’s health relies on the liver. So, if you want to treat the string tight tendon thoroughly and let the result last longer, it should treat the liver. Though treat the liver might take a longer time than treat the string tight tendon.
If it’s a string tight liver, insert needles to LR 13 and LR 3 to strengthen the liver’s functions, if the patient is facing up, or needle BL 18 if the patient is facing down.
If there are any other issues, add needed needles. Such as the patient is taking drugs for a long time, add two worse points of the three SahngSanHuang points, use 3″ needle and 200~500 Hz to stimulate. Insomnia and wake up between 1:00 ~ 3:00 A.M., add LR 2. If with a nightmare, add LR 1. If it’s often with worse nightmares, add e-stim with high frequency to stimulate.
How to Needle if There are More Than Two String Tight Muscles or Tendons Cross a Same Point?
Use the point as the center, apply the Bao Chi Fa.
What Health Issues the String Tight Type Muscles and/or Tendons Can Cause?
That can cause mobility problems, arthritis, Pain, Meniscus Tear, pinch nerves, possible a torn muscle or tendon, narrow disc, disc displacement, herniated disc, bone spur, sprain the spine, joint displacement, scoliosis and easily cause accidents, etc. If the neck muscles and tendons are tight, it can cause body balance problems and easily falling down to get coma, bone fracture, or even die.
If a tight neck combines with kidney weak and the governor meridian qi is weak, it can lead to memory loss, dementia, Alzheimer’s diseases, visual problem, brain shrank, brain tumor or brain cancer, noise in the skull or even stroke, etc.
Sometimes, it mimics the internal organ’s problem.
They also can cause tumor: A patient fell down from the roof, her one side hip was severely hurt. More than 20 years later, she got acupuncture treatment for her hip. She could feel that when her hip pain-reducing, a tumor below her heart also shrank and the pressure was reduced.
What Sensation Could Have During and After the Acupuncture Treatment?
The following are some of the more common sensations during and after the acupuncture treatment. If the wastes of the blockage are expelled, the discomfort sensations will run away. Or, the wastes were sticking back to the muscle or tendon fibers, the bad sensation will also run away.
- Soreness—The lactic acid freed from muscles or tendon fibers causes this sensation. It will disappear as long as they flow out and away from the site. It occurs most in overused areas of the body—for example, when you stand too long or walk or run too much, your legs will be sore. If you are always on your feet, please read Raise Your Legs 90 Degrees Up Against the Wall to avoid wearing your knee cartilage out and stomach diseases.
- Heaviness—Accumulated metabolic waste (toxins) freed from muscle or tendon fibers causes heavy sensation because the toxins are particles and carry weight. As the toxins are carried away by flowing qi, the heavy sensation will be gradually reduced, and you will feel lighter. Meanwhile, the local tight tissues gradually recover their original elasticity and softness.
- Numbness—Accumulated metabolic waste freed from muscle or tendon fibers press on the blood vessels and nerves, producing numbness. The numbness will dissipate as those toxins flow away, and normal sensation will come back. The patient will feel lighter even during the acupuncture treatment.
- Distended—This sensation is caused by mild qi stagnation due to local qi suddenly gathering more than usual in one place.
- Pain—This sensation is induced when qi and blood attempt to pass through a severely congested site but cannot do so easily. The more severe the pain, the more severe the local blockage is. The pain usually subsides by itself as long as the toxins are carried away. If not, add a needle on the site.
- Coldness—It’s the yang qi pushing the internal coldness out of the body. After the coldness is gone, the body feels warmer and more comfortable. If the coldness is strong, do moxa or let the patient ingest raw ginger or other warm herbs and practice the DA Zhou Tian to help expel the coldness in the body.
- Heat (Warmth)—If a local site feels warm, it’s due to the yang qi hitting a site of the severe blockages, such as blood stasis, a cancer site, or a nodule. There will be a warm sensation, and you might even see the skin in the area turning pink or red. The warmer the area is, the more blockage at the site. Both the color and heat will disappear if doing the treatment time is long enough.
- Tingling—In Chinese medicine, Qi pushes the blood flow in addition to the force of the heart pumping the blood. When Qi is weak, it pushes less blood. Due to the acupuncture needle activated the body Qi flowing, it pushes more blood flowing inside the blood vessels. The blood vessels rapidly expand. The increased blood pressing on the blood vessels causes the nerves on the blood vessel walls to produce the tingling sensation. This tingling sensation disappears quickly but transmits along the blood vessels in the direction of the blood flow. Until it reaches the end of the blood vessel
- Mild electric shock—If the needle touches a nerve, it induces a sensation similar to a mild electric shock. Bend the needle a little bit, can avoid touching the nerve or be inserted through a nerve.
- Muscle tremor— These are caused by extra water or fluid inside the muscle. The qi pushes the qi to flow. This, in turn, induces water waving, which generates muscle tremors.
- Falling asleep—This happens when the patient is overworked and fatigued or does not get good sleep at night. Sleeping can facilitate the body’s internal self-regulation and repair.
How Soft the Muscle or Tendon Should Be?
It’s better as soft as a baby or a young kid.
© Frieda Mah, L.Ac., International Speaker，International Best Selling Author
and the Whole Body Self-Healing System Coach